Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Kingdoms of Camelot Ads

So this summer I've been working at the company Watercooler, which makes Facebook games. My job is to create ads for their Kingdoms of Camelot game. The ads end up on the sidebar on Facebook.

Here's a sampling of my favorite ads that I've done so far.

Although I am allowed to use assets from the game, these ads are all 100% drawn by me. Also, there's a watermark on them right now, but that doesn't run on Facebook.


Another thing about these ads is that they are run VERY small! I usually paint them at a width of 300 to 500 pixels and then shrink them down to a final size of 110x80 pixels. Since they're so small, I really have to make sure they are eye catching and read clearly. Here's an image to give you an idea of the size change.


So, this job and website work have been taking up most of my time this summer. Hopefully soon I will be able to return to some vis dev work and get some of that posted too!

3 comments:

Kristina Wayte said...

COOL STUFF! thats neat you get to paint them yourself. i'm in the same boat with work, hopefully we can get some viz dev in before school starts up again

Melissa King said...

Thanks Kristina! And yeah, we definitely have to get back on viz dev. BFA is so soon!

Nelson Hernandez said...

ohhhh. i'm diggin the blacksmith & alien invader knight. I can see why they were so popular. nice pastels too Melly-mel.