Thursday, August 23, 2012

Versus Gallery Show Piece

Hey everyone! So in a couple weekends I will be attending the PAX convention up in Seattle. And, on Saturday night, I will be participating in the Fangamer VERSUS Attract Mode gallery show! This is the piece I will be showing. It's from the game Earthbound, and it depicts the moment when Ness leaves home with his (soon to be) rival Pokey to embark on his journey. I chose to do it in pixel art to call back to the original style of the game. 



If anyone happens to be attending PAX, the gallery show will take place Saturday night at 7pm.  The address is 1927 3rd Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98101. There will be art, live music, games, and refreshments!

Also, the print is available to buy online here: http://www.fangamer.net/products/leaving-home

2 comments:

Charles D. Jones said...

Ahhh, excuuuuuse me ma'am *fixes glasses* But there are a few inaccuracies with this, ahhh "art"

Firstly The phone is on the first floor, not the top floor. I assume you changed this for the composition, but you just ended up corrupting the mainframe of a accurate portrait.
*Honk, snort*
And Secondly they seem to be heading East, when and true fan knows the comic actually landed North-West
*cough, Flem hack, fixes bow-tie*

Annnd Scene

I'm kidding of course! Another awesome piece of art work, that is currently my desktop!

Jon Magram said...

Uh question for Ms. Bellamy. In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a...a magic xylophone or something? Gee, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.